Thursday, April 8, 2010

Jumping the Shark

Photobucket
It's 80. It's 40. It's 80. It's 40. Welcome to Spring in the Midwest. Look at all these unemployed/underemployed people enjoying the nice weather on a weekday...

Photobucket
View of downtown from Lincoln Park

Photobucket
As much as I talk about hating public art in America, every so often I find a gem that I kind of like. This is near the zoo in Lincoln Park and Lake Shore Drive

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ol' St. Mike's. I have to practice taking architecture pictures before the honeymoon

Photobucket
The fella I'm named after (The guy standing, not the one being stood on).

Photobucket

Photobucket
How close to a Robin can I get before he flies away. About 2 1/2 feet...

Photobucket

Photobucket
What a weird thing to do to a home. This is a facade-ectomy. They preserved the original home on the site (good). Reused it with new construction (understandable). But, there's a huge gap between the original front and the new house which appears to be a patio or something (strange).

Photobucket
City horses

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Aqua building

Photobucket
These signs are getting more and more elaborate and militant.

Photobucket
If I ever have a home, you can expect to be welcomed by something like this when you visit...

Photobucket
Oh accountant humor. Marylin's last day is tomorrow and she's making everyone jealous...

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures mike! I used to live right around the corner from St. Michael's - between it and the Buddhist Temple...good place to be. I like your posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam! Now if I can only figure out why the comment text is also black...

    ReplyDelete

If you like this, you might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...